3 cups mozzarella shredded
2 15 oz. (.88 mL) ricotta
12 leaves fresh basil, thinly sliced
5 1/2 cups basic tomato sauce
4 TB Parmesan, shredded
16 sheets no boil lasagna noodles
Preheat oven to 400˚ F.
1. Mix ricotta, basil, and egg in a medium bowl with salt and pepper. Reserve.
2. Divide the mozzarella in half. Reserve half for the top of the lasagna.
3. Spray a 13×9-inch baking dish with cooking spray. Spread 1 cup tomato sauce on bottom of pan. Top with 4 sheets of noodles,
4. Spread 1/3 of the ricotta over the noodles, followed by 1/3 cup of the Parmesan, and 1/2 of the separated mozzarella. Top with 1 cup of the tomato sauce.
5. Repeat layering of noodles, ricotta, Parmesan, and tomato sauce, two more times.
6. Top with one more layer of noodles and then 1 more cup of tomato sauce. Top with remaining mozzarella.
7. Cover with parchment and then aluminum foil. Bake for 40 minutes until slightly bubbling. Remove foil and parchment and continue to bake until top is browned, about 10 minutes more. Cool 15 minutes before serving. Enjoy!